VIRTUAL - CHOOSE YOUR CAMP
TPZ Virtual Camp is 2 hours of fun and excitement featuring Robotics, Game Design, Minecraft and Roblox. Campers can select from Robotics, Game Design, or Minecraft this summer.
It's a deeper dive into one area for campers this summer.
Camp is held in a 3D Virtual Reality platform called Virbela. Campers can also use ZOOM to connect to camp. Hardware and software requirements are important for a positive experience for our campers.
Windows 10; 64 bit pc; 8GB of RAM recommended
MacBook ios 14; 8 GB of RAM recommended
Tablet or Smartphone also needed to program the robots
Chromebooks are not recommended
Virtual Reality Platform: Virbela platform requires a download.
Conference Meeting Platform: ZOOM requires a download
Game Design: Scratch software is browser based and free: scratch.mit.edu.
Game Design: Roblox and Roblox Studio are browser based and free to download.
Engineering: Minecraft is $26.99 and can be purchased on Minecraft.net.
Purchase the PC - JAVA edition from minecraft.net (JAVA edition -)
Robotics: Apps for programming robots are free and found on UBTech.com
An internet connection of 40/20 is recommended for TechPlayzone Virtual Camps.
Please contact us to test your internet connection if you are in doubt.
VIRTUAL TPZ CAMP INFORMATION
- 5 days of consecutive instruction online
- 2 hours of live instruction: 3pm - 5pm
- Small group setting with TPZ excitement
- Enjoy Video Game Design and Minecraft in one camp just like at TechPlayzone
- Rising 2nd graders - 6th graders
- Game Design Camp $150 per week (Scratch and Roblox)
- Minecraft for Jr Engineers $150 plus the purchase Minecraft Java edition
- Coding and Robotics $285 (includes the robot kit that campers keep)